All of Coast jewellery is made of high quality .925 sterling silver and all gold plated jewellery receives a 3 micron layer of 18k gold plating.
GOLD PLATED CARE
To increase the longevity of your plating, please follow the below guide:
- When not wearing the jewellery it is recommended to keep it in a sealed cloth bag.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can cause damage.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
Remember - pieces may need re-plating every now and then to maintain their original appearance. Tarnishing or wearing off of gold-plated jewellery is not a production fault, it is a natural part of wear and tear that occurs naturally when worn over time. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like your Coast jewellery re-plated.
The key to maintaining the shine of your silver jewellery is to keep wearing your piece, as skin acidity naturally keeps the silver shiny.