Caring For Your Jewellery
All of Coast jewellery is made of high quality brass or .925 sterling silver. All brass pieces are gold plated with a 2.5 micron layer of 18k gold plating, as well as a coat of palladium to prevent tarnishing.
To increase the longevity of your plating, please follow the below guide:
- When not wearing the jewellery it is recommended to keep it in a sealed cloth bag.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, swimming in the ocean, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can cause damage.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
Remember - pieces may need re-plating every now and then to maintain their original appearance. Tarnishing or wearing off of gold-plated jewellery is not a production fault, it is a natural part of wear and tear that occurs naturally when worn over time. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your Coast jewellery re-plated.