All of Coast jewellery is made of high quality .925 sterling silver and all gold plated jewellery receives an 18k gold plating.
Surface treatments such as gold plating will fade over time because of contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others.
Everyday or very frequent wear may speed up this process, especially on items like rings and bracelets, which have more frequent contact with surfaces. Rings wear the quickest, because they get touched/banged constantly.
GOLD PLATED CARE
To increase the longevity of your plating, please follow the below guide:
- When not wearing the jewellery it is recommended to keep it in a sealed cloth bag, in this way you avoid oxidation of the jewellery.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom because all of the moisture will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
- Gently wipe jewellery clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Don’t yank or pull chains.
Remember - pieces may need re-plating every now and then to maintain their original appearance. Tarnishing or wearing off of gold-plated jewellery is not a production fault, it is a natural part of wear and tear that occurs naturally when worn over time. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your Coast jewellery re-plated.
The key to maintaining the shine of your silver jewellery is to keep wearing your piece, as skin acidity naturally keeps the silver shiny.