Caring For Your Jewellery
Coast jewellery is made of high quality 925 sterling silver and brass. All plated pieces are gold plated with a 1.5-2 micron thick layer of 18k gold plating.
To increase the longevity of your plated jewellery, please follow the below guide:
- When not wearing your plated jewellery it is recommended to keep it in a sealed cloth bag.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products, & do not wear your plated jewellery when in the swimming pool, swimming in the ocean, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturisers & perfumes can cause damage.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
Remember - pieces may need re-plating every now and then to maintain their original appearance. Tarnishing or wearing off of gold-plated jewellery is not a production fault, it is a natural part of wear and tear that occurs naturally when worn over time. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your Coast jewellery re-plated.
We create our jewellery with a focus on timeless designs, everyday basics, local production, and minimal waste. We continuously strive to implement practices that further these values.
We aim to minimize waste in the production of our pieces, and therefore only produce orders that are placed, avoiding over production and excess stock. Our pieces are all hand-made and take up to 15 days before being sent to you. We value local production because supporting our community is important to us. All Coast pieces are made in Cape Town, South Africa.
Many of Coast pieces have been hand-carved and created using the traditional process of lost wax carving, keeping ancient methods alive.
We are continuously looking for ways to be more conscious of our environmental impact.