GOLD PLATED CARE
Our gold plated jewellery has a thick layer of gold over it's sterling silver base. To increase the longevity of your plating, please follow the below guide:
- Plated jewellery is delicate and requires special attention and care. When not worn, store your jewellery separately in a small sealable plastic bag then put it into the original dustbag to avoid damage.
- Plated jewellery should avoid getting wet. Always remove your plated jewellery when swimming, showering, and performing sports. Sweat, moisture, soaps and friction will cause the gold to rub away over time.
- When applying lotion or perfume, always wait until your skin is completely dry to put on your plated jewellery piece.
- To prevent tarnishing, wipe gold plated jewellery after use. The accumulation of body oils, cosmetics and grime can cause the jewellery to lose its sparkle and to fade.
- Avoid wiping gold plated pieces with coarse fabrics or chemicals as this can strip the gold off. Only use a 100% cotton or micro-fiber cloth to very softly wipe the item and warm soapy water.
- Never use chemicals to clean gold plated jewellery. This refers to makeup, washing liquid and even chlorine from swimming pools. These can cause the jewellery to discolour and strip the gold off.
- Pieces will need re-plating every now and then to maintain their original appearance. Plating tarnishing or wearing off is not a production fault, it is a natural part of wear and tear that comes naturally when worn.
For all silver pieces, the key to maintaining shine is to keep wearing your piece as skin acidity naturally keeps the silver shiny.